Search This Blog

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Grace

So I have to admit something. I've kind of been cheating. It's not real cheating. It's just that I am doing a Bible study with a few of my friends this summer and we are going through Ephesians. So I'm reading Ephesians... before I am even in the New Testament in my reading. So I feel a little out of whack. But I am also pretty pumped. I read chapters 1 and 2 the other night and then talked about them with the guys. Those chapters absolutely blew my mind. Don't just take my word on this one though. Read them for yourself. I'm never seen (or at least seen and had my eyes opened to) grace being screamed so loud in my life. The pages are just overflowing with grace, grace, grace. Everything that Paul talks about in that opening paragraph is said to be for the purpose of praising Yahweh's grace. That is amazing when you consider all the things that are talked about there. And then 2:1-10 made me cringe, but then quickly made me praise God for the truth of His Word and the power of His grace. It gives a picture of what we all once were (2:1-3), and then there is that amazing transition "But God..." I would argue that in this context that might be the most beautiful phrase in all of the Bible (I'm not actually going to argue with you about it though). "But God made us alive together with Christ..." Oh how beautiful that is. And there is God (through Paul's words) reminding us that this is not because of anything we did. It is by grace that we have been saved. It is a gift from God. Oh what a great and wonderful gift. Even while using "great" and "wonderful" I am realizing that there is not an adjective that exists that can properly describe this gift Yahweh has given me. Just bask in His grace today. Read Ephesians and bask in the awesomeness of His saving grace.

1 comment:

Mitchell Carter said...

After reading what I just wrote, I realize that there is no way I can do those two chapters justice by writing about them. Just go read them.