Search This Blog

Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Word of LIFE!

I'm off to Easter Island in about two hours. I'll be gone for four days and probably won't have internet access. I can't wait to have some time in Isaiah while I am there. Six hour plane rides help move reading along nicely.

While I am gone please dwell on this video. I keep harping on the importance of scripture and I just want to remind you all why. It's the Word of God. It is the only thing we have that we know is absolutely true. For me to not read God's Word is for me to say, "I know you have written this for me God, but I don't really care what you have to say." Not reading this Word, leads to things that you do not want. It leads to you basing your beliefs off of feelings instead of facts. When you are left to nothing but your emotions, you start thinking, "Yeah that sounds good. I bet God is like that." Then those things quickly become what you believe and what you base your life around. That is not Christianity. That is Idolatry. You are worshiping something that you've made up in your mind and not the One, True God of Scripture. So read your Bibles. Read the truth of the Gospel of Christ. It is the power of God for salvation (Romans 1:16). So watch this video. Get a reminder of how awesome and important God's Word is. It is not optional as a Christian.



Also, here is Francis Chan's message at Passion 2010. This is the
message that God used to bring me to His Word. My friend Mark Baur
and I had a long talk after this message and both decided that we were
not giving God's Word the attention and time it deserved. How great
that realization has been! My life has been changed by this Word.

No comments: