Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sermons from Passion

I am kind of on this sermon thing. I think that it is beneficial to hear the whole sermon instead of just some clip of it (which I'm not discounting, they can also be very beneficial). But I wanted to make something clear. These are not substitutes for the truth of the Word of God. These are commentaries on the Truth. They are not the Truth. Just like books and commentaries. They should never be read or listened to on their own. Go to the Word for the Truth. Go to these things to help you understand what you have already read. Trust me I know that it is easier to just listen to someone try to explain it instead of reading it. But it is not God's Word. It is man's interpretation. Okay, rant over.

With that said, I'd like to direct you toward another sermon. It has brought a lot of things to life for me as I have read them in the Old Testament. I can't wait to get to the part that he talks about in Romans 3. Anyway, this is John Piper's message from Passion 2010, "Is Jesus an Egomaniac?"

Also, here it is written out if that would make it easier to follow along for you.

No comments: