Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

Chapel

I'm speaking in our HULA chapel today on Mark 8:34-38, 10:28-31, Psalm 4:6-7, 16:11, Matthew 28:20b and Christ as the glorious reward of our salvation. I feel like I'm prepared, but I always get nervous when I speak about something so awesome. I have no business speaking from God's Word, but He's allowed me to once again. Pray that the words that I speak are not my words at all but the words of the Holy Spirit. And pray that my name is not lifted up but that the name of Christ is lifted up. I speak at about 9 am our time which is 8 am eastern time. You centralers probably won't be up by then, but don't worry. I don't think the creator of time is bound by it. Love you all.

Also I have a Spanish test today over a lot of stuff. If you pray for that, pray for grace not justice.

All for His glory,
Mitchell

1 comment:

Mitchell Carter said...

Chapel went well today. I was nervous, but that gives me comfort. The day I'm not nervous to speak out of God's Word is the day that I don't want to be alive anymore. God calmed my nerves though, and I think I said what He wanted me to say. Basic point of the talk: Christ is the reward of salvation. Not heaven, not a better marriage, not a church family. Those all pail in comparison to to the surpassing worth of knowing and communing with Christ. I am thankful for the grace of God. I deserve His wrath for all of eternity, instead He allows me speak from His Word and be in relationship with Him. Awesome!

P.S. Everyone who is freaking out right now that I mentioned heaven on that list because you believe heaven was the point of Jesus dying on the cross, calm down and read this to understand why I believe what I believe.

"If you could have heaven, with no sickness, and with all the
friends you ever had on earth, and all the food you ever liked, and
all the leisure activities you ever enjoyed, and all the natural beau-
ties you ever saw, all the physical pleasures you ever tasted, and no
human conflict or any natural disasters, could you be satisfied with
heaven, if Christ were not there?" -John Piper in his book "God is the Gospel"