Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Little Housekeeping

I realized that I haven't given you all a lot of information on my Bible reading lately. Since I was updating you so frequently at home, I figured I should give an explanation about why I've been so lax. There are many reasons.

The first and biggest reason is that I haven't been reading as much as I did at home. Not only do I not have that time I night that I normally spent reading, but I haven't even been waking up early enough to get a big chunk out of the Psalms. By the time I am up and around (which means fully awake with my Yerba Mate tea in my hand) I've only got about half an hour before I've got to start getting ready for classes. So my biggest request is that you would pray for me. Please pray that God gives me energy and focus. I'm under this impression that God doesn't have control over the natural process of my body. He has control over every little inch of the universe, but not the biological process in my body. If you can't tell I'm being sarcastic. That's a ridiculous thought. If God chooses to change the makeup of my body so that I can function of less sleep, you can bet it's going to happen. Jesus fasted from food for forty days in the desert. That is physically impossible. Just a thought. So pray that I trust God to sustain me.

The other reason is because I spend my free time in other parts of scripture. I've been in churches where they speak Spanish for the past few weeks so the only thing I can understand is the books of the Bible and the verses. So I just sit there and read and study that. Man there is some awesome stuff in the New Testament. That should be motivation enough to keep reading. Just so that I get to the awesome truths in the Gospels and Paul's letters.

I'm not going to give anymore reasons for fear of sounding like I'm making excuses. That is the last thing that I want to do. The blame lies with me. I just wanted to let you all know that I need prayer. I need prayer everyday because I can't even get through a day without the grace's of the Lord, but specifically right now I need prayer for this. Energy and focus, especially in the mornings. I miss the face-to-face conversations that I get to have with a lot of you. I look forward to seeing you again when I get back home, or to school, or wherever we may meet. Thank you for the encouragement that you have all been to me.

One more quick thing. Don't expect immediate results. I'm only on chapter 68 of Psalms so I've got a ways to go. I might give a little midway update in the next few days though.

All for His glory,
Mitchell

No comments: