Search This Blog

Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Long Absence

I will try to get up a summary of the Psalms tomorrow morning. I should finish it by then. But seeing as how things don't always work out like I think they will, I'll leave you with a little update on life.

My reading has been awesome lately. Thank you so much for all of your prayers. I've enjoyed my mornings learning about God so much lately. Keep the prayers coming though. Since Peru is coming up it will throw off my schedule again and there's always a problem with time on trips. I'm looking forward to reading Proverbs in the wee hours of the morning in the Amazon though, with no electricity. That should be something else.

That kind of brings up my Peru trip. I'm sure I've told some of you, but for those who don't know, I won't have any internet access while I'm in Peru. We were told we shouldn't bring our laptops so I'm not going to. It will be a nice feeling but at the same time I am going to miss the communication that I have with so many people. Example: I've never gone more than two days without talking to my mom and dad. This will be twelve. Super weird. On the bright side, it should make for some good opportunities to get closer to some of the people that I'm here with. Since no one is going to have contact with anyone else we will kind of be forced together. I hope anyway. I've spent a lot of time in the past week studying, and while it's necessary and I like it, it is still taking away from some time building relationships. I shouldn't have that distraction in Peru. With that in mind, please just pray for me. Pray that I wake up and focus on the Word of God. Proverbs is not light stuff. I'm going to need to be awake for that stuff. I love it, but at the same time my flesh is weak. Also, pray for me along with the rest of my group. Pray that this isn't just another week of seeing cool stuff for us. Pray that it all points to Christ and that we come back with a greater love for and understanding of Him. I know that is probably a lot to ask, but I know that God can do immeasurably more than all I can ask or imagine.

I'm excited to finish the Psalms and get into a few of the smaller books just to get that big picture focus of the story of God in redemptive history back. The Psalms have been great but extremely long. I'm ready to start in on the books to come. Thank you again for all the prayers and encouragement. By the time I get back, hopefully I have been taught some things that will encourage and challenge you too. Love you guys.

All for His glory,
Mitchell

No comments: