Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sex

Yes the title of this post is sex. This has been a huge topic of conversation in my life as of late. We are talking about it in our Christian home class, we are talking about it in our health ed class, and I just read Song of Solomon. To be honest I have been disappointed with most of the discussion on the topic. I think we have fallen so short of a Biblical perspective on sex. I had a long conversation about all of it tonight with some friends. All of it has made me think back to a teaching that I heard on God and sex by Matt Chandler. I heard this a few months ago on The Village podcast. He gave such a great Biblical picture of not only sex but relationships in general. I'm going to post the link to this lesson.


The message is titled "God and Sex" and was taught on 10.16.09 (It's like halfway down the page). You can download it by right-clicking on the icon on the right, or just listen to it by clicking the icon.

Before any of you listen to this I need some disclaimers. This is an extremely blunt message. Not just kind of... extremely! He does a question and answer session and goes in to all kinds of different things about sex and relationships in general. It is definitely for mature audiences only. (I doubt that I have many ten-year-old readers or anything, I'm just saying) Another thing is that it is almost two hours long. There is an hour of him teaching and then an hour of question and answer. While it is long, it is definitely worth your time. The last disclaimer has to do with the beginning of the message. He starts off with some hypotheses about the first few chapters of Genesis (chapter 3 if I remember right). He says some things about God charging man with cultivating the earth. I didn't get a bunch of it. I'm still processing some of it and trying to figure out if I believe it. The point is that I don't think these have much effect on the message that follows. So just don't get freaked out and turn the thing off.

I think this is a very good, Godly, Biblical picture of marriage and sex. I hope it is helpful for any of you who choose to listen to it. Anyone who wants can message me about it. I think I'll listen to it again on the plane to Easter Island on Saturday.

All for His glory,
Mitchell

No comments: