Search This Blog

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Song of Solomon

Well that was an interesting book. Seriously though, it was very good. There was a lot of good stuff in there about God's intended desire between a husband and wife. That is what jumped out more than anything to me. The desire that the two characters had for each other. There was some graphic imagery in there that I expected from what I'd heard, but really not that much. The book was filled with the two expressing their longing and desire for one another and then their descriptions of each other's body (which I'm sure would make a lot more sense if I lived in a time and place where gazelles and ewes were more prevalent).

It was a good read though. It's a good reminder that sex is not the crap that I have to turn away from on TV all the time. It's not the beer billboards and advertisements everywhere I look. Those are perversions of what sex really is, and it is a gift from God. It is a part of the relationship between a husband and wife. It is not bad. It is good and is a good part of that relationship. Since I am neither married nor an expert on the subject, I am going to stop there. I do appreciate hearing a clear, Biblical view of a man and woman's desire for each other.

Isaiah is next so it will probably be awhile before I post any notes again. Pray for me if you think of it because I already know two things about Isaiah: it is packed with awesome truths about Christ and what He accomplished, and it is ridiculously hard to follow and understand. I'll be praying a lot to ask that God reveals His Word to me the way he intended it in the next several days. Thanks for the encouragement that I get from all of you.

All for His glory,
Mitchell

P.S. Check out my comment for the Ecclesiastes post. I had some friends help me out a bit.

No comments: