Search This Blog

Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Key to a Joyful Life

This sermon by John Piper is a call to sacrifice because of the surpassing worth of Christ. Listen closely though. The people who care least about this world are free from it. I don't know about you but I'd like to be free from the chains of this world.


"Where are the young men and women of this generation who will hold their lives cheap?"
And what is the best part? IT IS OUR JOY!

"The reward. It's coming, and it means everything to me!"

"Brothers and sisters, the sweetest fellowship with your Savior and your Treasure that you will
ever know is the fellowship of His sufferings."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am really looking forward to following your blog and learning from you. You have so much to offer and I can't wait to see how God uses you in a very special way this semester and throughout your life. I would like to join you in your Bible reading...think you might post the plan you are following?

Mitchell Carter said...

I would love to post the plan but it isn't really a plan. I have a Bible that is 1042 pages and I wanted to finish by the end of April so I just divided it into 13 pages a day for five days each week. I probably will get ahead and behind with my travel schedule in Chile but that is the general area I would like to be in. What I can do though is go through at the beginning of each week and see how far I will be getting and post that. Thank you for the encouragement Kerry.