Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Whoops

I forgot to mention something at the end of the last post. I think it's probably because I was so riled up about chapter 28. It's about chapter 34. I can feel myself starting to get really involved in what I'm reading. Have you had that happen to you with a novel or something? I think I have, but never like this. At the end of Deuteronomy Moses dies. When it describes his death and then talks about how the people of Israel mourned for forty days then no more, I got legitimately sad. I'm serious; it was so weird. Moses has been the catalyst for God revealing His glory for four books of the Bible now. He's been there basically the whole way with me and now he's gone. I think it was a good reminder to me that God uses people for His purposes, but they are still just people. It reminds me of the verse in James that says, "Elijah was a man just like us" (5:17). I don't know. I don't really have a point to that it was just some stuff that I was thinking and forgot to put in the last one. Hopefully I'll have notes on Joshua by Sunday. Thanks for reading. I hope you're encouraged or challenged.

No comments: