Search This Blog

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Reading the Bible

I recently returned from Passion 2010, a conference in Atlanta, GA for college students focusing on the glory of Christ. The conference was fantastic. It was amazingly refreshing and encouraging to be in a place where the leadership was so focused on scripture and doing all things to show the surpassing worth of Jesus. I learned many things, and hopefully I'll be able to discuss them on here soon, but what hit the hardest was what I didn't know. All these men and women were standing in front of 21,000 college students, telling us about how great God is, and I was just kind of along for the ride. There were a few times I remembered reading what they were talking about, but that feeling did not come as often as it should have. So I have decided to do something about that. I am reading the Bible. I know it sounds weird, but I'm going to do it anyway. I am reading not to gain a foothold in an argument, not to gain knowledge that will give my peers a higher view of me, not so I can walk into a church and disagree with the pastor, but so that I can properly and more accurately worship my Savior. That is my end goal. So I am about to embark on a four month journey (that's a rough guesstimate). Throughout my time in God's Word, I think it will help me and maybe challenge you if I post things that jump out at me. Discussion might happen. Who knows, we might even talk about something more important than a playoff in college football.

No comments: